Remortgage of a Property
|VAT @ 20%||£76|
What is included?
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below.
- HM Land Registry fee: variable dependant on the property purchase price
- Search fees: [£328.30] for the standard search pack required by your lender
- VAT on search fees
How Long will my Remortgage Take?
A typical remortgage takes between 6 and 8 weeks, however, it can be longer if there are any complications such as an application being rejected. The process may also take longer if you switch lenders compared with getting a new deal with your current mortgage company.
Key Stages Involved
With every transaction, there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Requesting the Title Deeds and Redemption Statement
- Obtaining Official Copies of the Title
- Checking the Title
- Checking Official Copies
- Leasehold properties will require the lease to be checked and enquiries made if relevant
- Checking the mortgage offer
- Preparing for completion
- Requesting final redemption statement
- Requesting the mortgage advance